Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Multi-Posting @ JLG Shelf Life

So where do I write when I'm not posting here? I'm posting on JLG- Shelf Life. As part of my new JLG job, we decided that to be the true librarian's partner, I would offer my insight and expertise on all functions of the library world, not just about the books. Part of the plan is that I will write 2 to 3 times a week. My co-conspirators will write as the muse hits them and the keeper of time allows it.

So, who writes with me? Susan Marston is the JLG Editorial Director in New York. Susan has been selecting books for Junior Library Guild for a few years shy of half her life and even after all this time, finds that the work never grows old. (Talk about a job with pressure!) Susan will write about the choices the editorial team is making and about children's book publishing in general. (Except for the big dark secrets that she is under blood oath not to tell)

Leslie Bermel, whom many of you know, is our resident book talker. Leslie came to Junior Library Guild 11 years ago and travels throughout the country talking with thousands of librarians each year. Last year she gave 100 presentations across the country. Since I've been here in the last 4 weeks, I've seen her twice (her desk is upstairs). Leslie will be our spy and give us Reflections From the Road.

And me, I'll be writing about all things library. I'll try to try to be the scout for what's happening in our world. So from time to time, I'll write here, but if you want to keep up on a more frequent basis, check out the Shelf Life blog. No, you don't have to be a member, but don't you want to be?

No comments: